Gutters play a critical role in protecting your home from water damage. When they become damaged, homeowners have two options: gutter repair or gutter replacement. This article will discuss the difference between gutter repair and gutter replacement and when to choose one over the other.
- Leaking Seams: Gutter repair is a good option for fixing leaking seams. A professional gutter repair contractor will reseal the leaking seams using a sealant or caulk to prevent further leaks.
- Clogged Gutters: Gutter repair is also a good option for fixing clogged gutters. A professional gutter repair contractor will remove all debris and leaves from your gutters, ensuring that water can flow through them properly.
- Sagging Gutters: Repairing sagging gutters requires the installation of new hangers or brackets to secure your gutters in place. A professional gutter repair contractor will also ensure that your gutters are correctly pitched to direct water away from your home.
- Rusted Gutters: Rusted gutters will require replacement. A professional gutter repair contractor will assess the extent of the damage and either repair the rusted areas with rust inhibitors or replace the damaged sections of your gutters.
- Age of Gutters: If your gutters are more than 20 years old, it is probably best to replace them. Over time, gutters can become worn and damaged, and replacement is the best option to ensure they continue functioning correctly.
- Appearance: If your gutters are visibly damaged, sagging, or discolored, it may be best to replace them to improve the appearance of your home.
Gutter repair and gutter replacement are two options for fixing damaged gutters. Gutter repair is a good option for fixing leaking seams, clogged gutters, and sagging gutters. Gutter replacement is a good option for fixing rusted gutters, gutters that are more than 20 years old, or improving the appearance of your home. Consult a professional gutter repair contractor to determine the best option for your specific needs and budget. Remember that regular maintenance and inspection of your gutters can help you to identify any issues early on and prevent them from becoming serious problems.